Tuesday, July 17, 2007

kabuto ichiban





When I joined this naruko dance team five months ago I didn't really know what to expect. I just thought it looked cool and that it would be a good way to make some friends here and learn the language. Never did I think we would we would be winning tournaments now. This past Monday was a national holiday here and we took part in a day long festival in Tokyo. This was our first festival of the summer and we had no idea what to expect since this most of us were new recruits. My heart was about to burst out of my chest right before we had to perform in front of all these people, but I made it though without passing out. Our team did a great job and the whole crowd loved it. But we were all surprised that night when they anounced the winners and our team leaders accepted the trophy. After that we all rushed up on stage and started dancing, a very surreal moment for me. After all that we went to an izakaiya and celebrated with much food and drink. I'm going to try and figure out how to put up the video of our performances on the web so everyone can check it out. Below are some pictures of our stage performance.

5 Comments:

Blogger Skinny said...

Dude, you so need to come back and ausition for the next season of "So You Think You Can Dance"! Just kidding, man. Those are awesome pictures...

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lou Mazzella said...

Dude! This is awesome! Congratulations on your victory!
-Lou

4:45 PM  
Blogger ant said...

from half way around the world, you continue to amaze me.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kabuto Ichiban, You did a great job!!
I was really surprized that you've danced so far in Japan! That's cool. Give me a mail sometimes.
Take care!

11:02 PM  
Blogger NuNu said...

Hey......That's so cool.....I am glad to see you try everything in Japan.!!!!! NuNu

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home